The National Organization of Professional Hispanic NRCS Employees (NOPHNRCSE) has the mission to motivate and mentor members for leadership roles to assist NRCS and partners in delivering natural resources conservation. Following our mission, NOPHNRCSE is proud to present the 2016 scholarship program.
This year NOPHNRCSE will award three $1,000.00 academic scholarships to qualified students that are pursuing a degree in Agriculture, Natural Resources, or Natural Resources Conservation related field of study at an accredited school of higher education.
Student Eligibility Requirements:
- Graduating High School students accepted to an accredited college or university and registered students with at least one full academic year remaining before completing undergraduate education. Demonstrate integrity, ability, and competence in work
- Show interest in pursuing a career in Natural Resources Conservation
- Have a grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
- Submit a complete application package which includes: application form and requested documentation
- Must show proof of U.S. citizenship - copy of Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate only
In addition to the scholarships mentioned above, NOPHNRCSE offers one specially funded scholarship, established by a notable member and her family to encourage new generations of Hispanics to pursue careers in Public Affairs, Agriculture or Natural Resources Conservation. The eligibility criteria are as follow:
- Martha Guerra-Arteaga Scholarship: Scholarship for a female student with a major in Public Affairs, Communications or Natural Resources Conservation.
Follow this link for the scholarship application form and guidelines for completing and submitting the application. Due date for consideration is May 27th, 2016.
For more information see our NOPHNRCSE website at http://nophnrcse.org/